Critical Webster County Public Service Announcement
As community service organizations we are coming together to plea to the community to please help in our fight against COVID-19:
It is crucial for the public to understand that the challenges we are facing as a community are very real and urgent. UnityPoint Health – Fort Dodge is seeing an increase in COVID-19 hospitalizations. They continue to work closely with community partners to ensure they have the necessary beds, equipment, staffing and PPE to safely care for our community and the communities surrounding Fort Dodge and Webster county, whether it is COVID-19 or other illness or injury. And they have plans in place should there be a need for additional coronavirus care.
Webster County Health Department's contact tracing is identifying cluster events with multiple COVID-19 contacts, which results in additional exposures and more positive cases. COVID-19 positive cases are rapidly increasing.
We are at a critical point in our state’s fight against COVID-19. We need to flatten the curve of increased cases to not overwhelm, not only our healthcare system, but our skilled nursing facilities and our public health system. In order to avoid healthcare resource capacity concerns we need your help. It is going to take every one of us doing our part to get this virus under control.
Please protect your family, your community, and your local health care workers by:
- Wearing a mask. And if you are a business owner, please require patrons of your business to wear a mask while in your establishment.
- Washing your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer when hand washing isn’t an option.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Practicing social distancing. Limit your groups to less than 10 people. If your group is larger than 10 people, require that all parties wear a mask, including gatherings like weddings and funerals.
- And getting your flu shot.
Please consider the safety and well-being of your friends and family, especially as the holidays are approaching. If we work together, we can reduce the COVID positivity numbers.
Leah Glasgo, CEO/President
UnityPoint Health Fort Dodge
Kari Prescot, Executive Director
Webster County Health
Mark Campbell, Supervisor
Webster County Supervisors
David Fierke, City Administrator
City of Fort Dodge
Roger Porter, Chief of Police
Fort Dodge Police Department