Who is a Candidate for Home Health Care?
- Anyone who is about to be discharged from a hospital or nursing home and needs additional care. Examples include patients experiencing shortness of breath, pneumonia, aftercare from surgery or trauma, joint replacement, medication management, wound care, heart problems, diabetes, COPD and emphysema.
- Anyone who is frail, ill or disabled and needs extra help to live independently at home.
- Anyone with a chronic health problem, such as congestive heart failure, kidney disease, diabetes or respiratory disease.
- Anyone who is recovering from outpatient surgery and needs short-term assistance at home.
- Anyone who has given birth and could benefit from follow-up care for themselves and their infant.
- Anyone who is terminally ill and wants to the comfort of home.
- Children with health concerns.
Reasons to Make a Home Care Referral
- COPD, CH, new diabetic or uncontrolled diabetic
- Multiple medications, medication changes, medication instruction
- 60-day readmission, multiple admissions or multiple ER visits
- Wound care
- PT/INR - lovenox bridging
- Failure to thrive
- Experiences falls
- Cellulitis/osteomyelitis - IV antibiotics and lab draws
- In-home safety evaluation
- In-home therapy
- Chronic conditions
- 6-months or less life expectancy
From Hospital to Home
Operating as a department of Finley Hospital, UnityPoint at Home ensures continuity of care from the hospital to home. Every effort is made to provide a smooth hand-off from one care phase to the next. There is connection between services and communication efficiencies in place to ensure quality care and patient comfort. Hospitalization, however, is not a requirement for a referral to home care services. We accept referrals from you, a family member, your physician or a social worker.
Make a Referral
UnityPoint at Home staff is available to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding home health care services. We welcome the opportunity to serve your health care needs.