Board of Health Infrastructure
Dubuque County Board of Health Infrastructure
The VNA collaborates with the Dubuque County Board of Health and Supervisors to ensure essential services within the Core Public Health Functions of Assessment Policy Development, and Assurance are met. This is accomplished through performing the Ten Essential Services of Public Health which includes:
- Monitoring the health status of the community
- Diagnosing and investigating health problems
- Informing educating and empowering people about health issues
- Mobilizing community partnerships
- Developing policies and plans that support individual and community health issues
- Enforcing laws and regulations to protect health and safety
- Linking people to needed personal health services and assuring provision of health care with otherwise unavailable
- Assuring a competent public health workforce
- Evaluating effectiveness, accessibility and quality of health services
- Promoting research for new insights and innovating solutions to health problems
Clayton County Board of Health Infrastructure
Ensuring essential services within the Core Public Health Functions of Assessment, Policy Development and Assurance are met. This is accomplished through monitoring the health status of the community, diagnosing and investigating, evaluating, enforcing laws and regulations, developing policies and plans, research, linking people to needed personal health services, assuring a competent public health workforce, informing, educating and empowering people and mobilizing community partnerships.
The Clayton County Visiting Nurses Association works with the Iowa Department of Public Health.