Become a Member of the Patient & Family Advisory Council
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we try to exceed the expectations of our patients and their families. One way we work to do this is through our Patient and Family Advisory Council. The council includes Finley employees who listen and try to implement feedback from Finley patients. This collaborative group meets 8-10 times per year in order to provide real-time feedback and creative solutions to specific challenges that affect patients and families and their experience at Finley. Discussion items may include:
- Provide input to enhance the patient and family experience
- Provide input to the delivery of service
- Provide input on educational programs, classes and written material for patients and families
- Provide input for program development and program improvement opportunities
- Provide input on facility design or renovation
- Provide a vehicle for communication between patients, families and staff
The Patient and Family Advisory Council also offers insight and input on policies, programs and practices. The council is utilized in the development and planning of facilities and services that impact the patient experience within our organization.
Who is on the Patient & Family Advisory Council?
The council consists of family members who supported the Finley Hospital mission and vision and the council's purpose. The council reflects the diversity of our patients and families.
When and How Often are Meetings?
The council meets approximately 8-10 times per year. Meetings are typically held on weekday evenings lasting approximately one hour. A meal is provided at each meeting.
What Should I Do if I am Interested in Joining?
If you would like to learn more about the Patient and Family Advisory Council, please complete the online application located on this page.