Behavioral & Mental Health
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know true wellness is much more than physical well-being. We're committed to providing solutions that address all areas of health, including mental and emotional. That's why Finley Hospital offers a variety of services for patients and families coping with disorders such as anxiety, depression, thought disorders, dementia with behavioral disturbance, and other mental health disorders. From our inpatient hospital program, to our many outpatient services, our team of experts provides coordinated, personalized care for each patient needing mental health services.
- Our Behavioral Health unit is an inpatient hospital program providing psychiatric services to individuals age 55 and older who are experiencing mental health issues.
- The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) centers on family, individual, and group therapy sessions which occur weekly at Finley Hospital.
Signs and symptoms that a loved one may be experiencing an emotional illness include:
- Insomnia or too much sleep
- Crying spells
- Poor appetite or overeating
- Disregard for personal appearance
- Sad or blank looks
- Thoughts of suicide
- Forgetfulness or confusion
- Social isolation
Finley Hospital is here to let you know that you are not alone in caring for your loved ones. We help individuals understand what's going on and determine the best course of care.