Aortic Aneurysm Symptoms
- Chest and/or back pain are the two most common symptoms.
- Feeling of fullness after minimal food intake.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Aneurysms rarely cause symptoms until they cause a rupture.
Early detection is therefore crucial!
- Age > 59 years old
- High blood pressure
- Atherosclerosis (the build-up of plaque in blood vessels)
- Male gender
- Race (more common in Caucasians)
- Family history
How Do We Test for AAA?
- Fast (no food) for four hours before your screening.
- You will lie on your back for this painless non-invasive test.
- A technician will apply gel to your abdomen and an ultrasound wand is used to take pictures of the Aorta.