When it comes to the Employee Giving Campaign we matter together!
Your gift, combined with fellow employees, makes a difference when it comes to making an impact on our patients, our hospitals - and our very own employees.
Believe what you do makes a difference because it does. By making a gift today, you along with fellow employees make dozens of special programs for our patients and hospitals available free of charge.
Simply print and fill out a paper form Or donate online.
The Employee Giving Campaign continues throughout the month of December. Call the Foundation at 241-6304 with any questions.
Fun Ways to Participate!
POP: Power of Philanthropy Workshop - Check out one of our workshops to learn how your giving matters and you will earn 100 OnPoint for Health points. CLICK HERE for workshop details.
Discount at Hospital Gift & Flower Shops - Make a gift of any amount to the campaign and you will receive a fun EGC tag for your employee badge. Show your tag at any hospital gift shop (includes flowers and plants) and you will receive 10% off your purchase the month of September. (*Special discount excludes stamps, newspapers, and clearance/sale items.)
EGC Trivia – Test your giving knowledge with EGC Trivia. Three names from participants will be picked and can designate $100 to a UPH — DM fund of their choice – PLUS treats for their team.
Pop-Up Popcorn Fridays – Pop for Philanthropy as we surprise our employees each Friday in September with popcorn snacks. Will we be in your area? You'll have to wait and see!
Weekly Challenges – Each week in September, all employees who have pledged a gift to EGC will be entered into a drawing for your team to receive an exciting prize.
"The Power of an Hour" - Donating PTO is a great way to give back. Give one hour per pay period (26 hours total) to the Employee Giving Campaign. CLICK HERE to use our helpful PTO calculator.
Here's how employees made an impact with the 2018 Employee Giving Campaign:
Gifts given through the EGC were distributed to many wonderful programs. Here are a few ways how your contributions to the EGC helped:
- $75,760 was given to the Employee Crisis Fund through UPH-DM, UPC and UPAH – being able to lend a helping hand when our own staff are going through challenging times is extremely important.
- $67,215 was given to the Compassion Funds across campuses – helping to support patients and families in times of crisis and need.
- $63,620 was given to Patient Assistance funds at Powell, Transplant, CCU, UPAH and Taylor House – these important funds help patients who face financial stress during their care.
- $51,929 was given to Child Life Program at Blank Children's Hospital – this program is made possible due to the generous support of our staff and greater community. The Child Life professionals are vital members of the care team helping children with their medical journeys.
- $49,931 was given to the Education Funds across campuses – these education funds make it possible for staff to further their education in order to provide the best of care for patients and families. They also provide new opportunities for our staff to pursue dreams of advancing their careers.
- $45,913 was given to Behavioral Health/Mental Health Programs at Iowa Lutheran Hospital – this support helps with programs and services that are needed more than ever in our growing community.
- $42,329 was given to Blank Children's Hospital STAR Center – the support helps our most vulnerable patients.
Never underestimate how meaningful you are. We don't.