Please Contact the Blank Children's STAR Center if registration is full at 515-241-4311 OR Renae.Jones@unitypoint.org.
We are proud to announce our new workshop series sponsored by the Blank Children's STAR Center's Foster Care Clinic. This is a free workshop for any type of parenting - birth parents, foster parents, adoptive parents, or step-parents. We will be having a workshops four times a year. Please check back if all of the sessions are full. We will be posting more workshops soon!
Registration at 8:30 AM
Workshop: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Lunch is NOT provided)
Integrative Parenting is a parenting course for parents to learn:
- Identifying the impact of past trauma on the parent-child relationship
- Identify the root of their children's misbehaviors
- Learning effective methods to calm reactive and misbehaving children
- Healing the hurt child and the attachment relationship through attunement, nurturing messages, and comforting touch
- Managing behaviors in a way that is helpful and not harmful to the relationship
- Strengthening the parent-child bond
- Understanding their child's behavior
- Effective parenting techniques
- Importance of self-care
The Integrative Parenting workshop is a one day workshop that is designed to assist parents. This is a FREE workshop, however, attendance for the full day is REQUIRED. A certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the training. Child care is NOT available.