| 7 a.m.
| 7:45 a.m.
Stephen Stephenson, MD
President, COO, Blank Children's Hospital and Women's Services
Executive Vice President, UnityPoint Health – Des Moines
| 8 a.m.
|Asthma: The Basics and Beyond
Kathleen Gradoville, MA, CPNP, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Blank Children’s Pediatric Pulmonary/Cystic Fibrosis Clinic
Joi Lucas, MD, Pediatric Pulmonologist, Blank Children’s Pulmonology Clinic
1. Review the pathophysiology and diagnosis of asthma.
2. Discuss challenges and treatment of asthma.
| 9 a.m.
|Central Precocious Puberty (CPP): Early Recognition and Management
Jan M. Foote, DNP, ARNP, CPNP, FAANP, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Blank Children's Endocrinology Clinic, Clinical Associate Professor, University of Iowa College of Nursing
1. Describe differences between central precocious puberty and normal puberty.
2. Discuss the health implications of central precocious puberty.
| 10 a.m.
||Break, Door Prizes, Vendors
| 10:20 a.m.
|What’s the Big Deal? It’s only pot and alcohol
Ken Cheyne, MD, Adolescent Medicine, Blank Children’s Hospital
1. Discuss recent trends in adolescent alcohol and marijuana use.
2. Recognize the acute effects/consequences of alcohol and marijuana use on adolescents and young adults.
3. Recognize the long term developmental and mental health effects of alcohol/marijuana use on adolescents and young adults.
| 11:30 a.m.
||Lunch, Door Prizes, Vendors
| 12:30 p.m.
|Approach to the Developmentally Delayed Child
Nathan Noble, DO, FAAP, FACMG, Medical Director of the Anna Blank Developmental Center, Blank Children’s Hospital
1. Describe how to conduct surveillance/screening strategies in your practice.
2. Summarize the medical evaluation of children with developmental delays.
3. Recall referral options for children with developmental delays.
| 1:30 p.m.
|When all you hear is “I don’t know”: How to get teens to engage
Drew Martel, L.I.S.W., C.A.D.C, Mobile Crisis Program Manager, Foundation2
Abby Seyfer, L.I.S.W., RPT, Clinician Supervisor, Tanager Place
1. Review strategies to provide a safe, supportive environment to encourage young people to engage with adults who can provide resources and healing.
| 2:30 p.m.
| 2:45 p.m.
|Nutty About Pediatric Nursing, Or Just Plain Nuts?
Deb Gauldin, RN, PMS, Singing Nurse Humorist
1. Describe two healthy ways to alleviate stress in the work setting.
2. Identify at least one way nursing practice and patient outcomes can be enhanced by applying therapeutic humor.
| 4 p.m.
|| Evaluations / Adjourn