Purpose & Intended Audience
To enable maternity services nursing staff to apply knowledge of evidence-based practice to provide family-centered care during antepartum and intrapartum.
At the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Identify common perinatal infections and symptoms, and their treatment during labor and birth.
- Describe the pathophysiology and management of intraamniotic infections and urinary tract infections during pregnancy.
- Identify the impact of perinatal infections on the mother and newborn.
- Describe the pathophysiology and management of bleeding disorders in pregnancy.
- Describe risk factors, theories of etiology, and management of preterm labor and preterm premature rupture of membranes.
- Describe the prevalence, physiology, risk factors, and management for multiple gestation, including the nursing care of women with twins and higher-order multiples.
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been approved for 0.42 CEUs by the Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #31, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines. No partial credit will be awarded.
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines, Blank Children's Hospital/IMMC Campus
ERC Classroom 3 or 4, G Level ERC
1200 Pleasant Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
Blank Children's Hospital reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment or inclement weather. In this event, you will be notified and your entire registration fee refunded.
A processing fee of $30 will be retained for cancellations less than 5 business days prior to the course.
Sarah Copple, BSN, RNC-MNN at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-343-1552