This conference is designed for nurses and other healthcare professionals who care for patients with cancer. To enable the learner to apply the latest advances in the care of patients with cancer, including medical, surgical and symptom management. This is a 2-day seminar.
2. Describe approaches to discussing sexual history with patients.
3. Explain the impact of generational differences on interactions of healthcare professionals and patients.
4. List two interventions in managing sepsis.
5. Discuss the needs of patients diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.
6. Discuss advancements in biomarker testing and non-small cell lung cancer.
7. Summarize interventions for distress management.
8. Discuss treatment options for renal cell carcinoma.
9. Identify the role of cardio-oncology in patients undergoing chemotherapy.
10. Describe approaches to providing a sense of self-worth to patients who have advanced disease.
11. Explain side-effects associated with Sickle Cell Disease in the pediatric patient.
12. Review strategies for working with Adolescent & Young Adult (AYA) patients.
13. Identify devices for ostomy wound management.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center Education and Research Center
Kelley Conference Room 1415 Woodland Avenue Des Moines, Iowa 50309
- Take the Keo Way exit from I-235. Go south on Keo Way.
- Turn right onto 12th Street.
- Go straight at the stop sign.
- Follow the road as it curves around the Iowa Methodist campus.
- Turn left and park in the parking ramp on the west side of the campus (parking is free).
- Take the south elevators to level G. Proceed straight down the corridor to the Kelley Conference Room.
To review the complete conference brochure, click here.
To view which presentations meet the Individual Learning Needs Assessment (ILNA) point categories, click here