To assist participants in learning effective communication and interview skills for person-centered ACP facilitation.
Healthcare providers (nurses, all levels of social workers, health educators, and physicians), clergy, and others involved in providing ACP facilitation.
- Identify interview skills for facilitating FS conversations with healthy adults.
- Identify interview skills for facilitating FS for adults with chronic illness.
- Create strategies to communicate the plan, including the completion of an advance directive document.
- Examine the ACP Facilitator’s role in implementing 3 key systems for ACP effectiveness.
- Demonstrate beginning competency in facilitating FS conversations through role-play activities.
Initial Certification Requirements
- Completion of the FS ACP Facilitator Certification Online Curriculum (Modules 1-4) (additional information will be emailed to you on the pre-curriculum closer to your class date)
- Completion of the FS ACP Facilitator Certification classroom training (8-hour classroom instruction)
$120 - UnityPoint Health employees
$140 - Non-UnityPoint Health employee
*Deadline for Registration is February 12, 2018.
For additional information please contact Jennifer Delagardelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by UnityPoint at Home