Perinatal Center at Iowa Methodist Medical Center Receives Top Honor
UnityPoint Health® - Des Moines Perinatal Center is being recognized as a Patient Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP) by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
The Perinatal Center at Iowa Methodist Medical Center is the first perinatal center as well as the first adult clinic in Iowa to achieve PCSP recognition. The group earned Level 3 status, the highest possible status given out.
To earn PCSP Recognition, the Perinatal team demonstrated the ability to:
- Establish referral agreements with primary care clinicians to exchange key information and establish coordinated care planning and management.
- Provide timely access to care and clinical advice based on patient need.
- Use a systematic approach to identify and track patients and coordinate care.
- Include patients and family or caregivers (if appropriate) in care planning and management.
- Measure performance and patient experience to identify ways to improve.
“We strive to give the best patient care possible in our Perinatal Center,” says Stewart Boulis, MD, FACOG. “We are honored to receive this national award and will continue to support mothers during a stressful time.”
The PCSP program builds on the Patient-Centered Medical Home Program. It includes rigorous, practical standards for improving specialty-primary care coordination, and three distinct levels of recognition based on each practice’s coordination abilities.