UnityPoint Health is defining the next generation of hospital medicine by developing advanced hospitalist practices system-wide. All UnityPoint Health hospitalist programs located throughout Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin are working collaboratively to deliver the best outcome for every patient every time. Focusing on the patient first, our providers are changing how we deliver inpatient medicine by improving quality, delivering a patient-centered experience, and reducing cost.
In a rapidly changing healthcare environment, UnityPoint Health recognizes the valuable role of the hospitalist provider. The key to successfully improving quality and service while reducing the cost of care is providing hospitalist providers with the tools and resources they need to provide the best care. This is why UnityPoint Health has committed to continuous hospitalist practice infrastructure system-wide to support hospitalist providers.
Next Generation Hospitalist Practice Infrastructure Fundamentals
- Coordinated communication across care settings through Epic in all inpatient and outpatient UnityPoint Health care settings
- Comprehensive clinical care standards, following evidenced-based, best-practice protocols and care pathways
- Care management standards supported by multi-disciplinary rounding care teams in all UnityPoint Health hospitals
- Coordinated care and hand-offs post-hospitalization between care navigators based in the hospital and care coordinators in the clinics
- Organized care teams including advanced practice providers and hospitalist nurses
- Robust performance reporting, giving providers benchmarks and feedback to achieve the highest clinical care standards
- Administrative and clinical leadership structure deployed system-wide to support operational and clinical performance
UnityPoint Health has opportunities to practice hospital medicine in all regions across Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin.