Serving the Central Iowa LGBTQ Community
UnityPoint Clinic LGBTQ – Methodist Plaza works to provide affirming health and wellness services for our lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, trans, questioning and non-binary community so you can be treated well and stay well.
Our LGBTQ team is among the best in the Des Moines area and includes a team of doctors with expertise in LGBTQ primary care with board certifications in obstetrics and gynecology, internal medicine and pediatrics. Our staff has undergone training through the Safe Zone Project to ensure you receive your care in a welcoming environment with a team who strives to deliver quality affirming care with dignity and sensitivity to all our patients.
Make An Appointment
Establishing care with an LGBTQ friendly doctor at UnityPoint Clinic is easy! Simply give us a call at (515) 241-7397
to leave a voicemail or request an appointment online. A member of our team will return your appointment request within one business day.
LGBTQ Clinic Services
- Physical and Wellness Care
- Routine Cancer Screenings
- Health prevention
- HIV/STD/STI testing and counseling
- Management of chronic diseases, including anxiety and depression
- Mental Health Assessment
- Gynecological services
- Trans-affirming gynecological care
- On-site lab
- Provision of PEP (Post-exposure prophylaxis) for a patient at risk for HIV
- Provision of PrEP (Pre-exposure prophylaxis) for a patient at risk for HIV
- Hormone therapy, including education and management
- Pre-surgical and post-surgical care for those having gender affirming surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Pharmacist on-site
- Trans-sensitive pap smears, pelvic exams, and prostate exams
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary clinical care for transgender adults
Located within Internal Medicine - Methodist Plaza, enter through the John Stoddard Cancer Center wing of the hospital.
Appointments are available on the second Tuesday of each month from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
For more information and resources, visit our LGBTQ Services Page.