We designed our 22 private NICU suites at St. Luke's to help
premature babies grow and develop. The quiet, low-light environment -
made possible through centralized monitoring and private rooms - helps
decrease babies' time on intravenous nutrition. Premature babies not only grow
faster, but their compromised immune systems are less susceptible to
infections. This revolutionary NICU design has gained attention from
healthcare institutions around the world.
Other details for our NICU babies' benefit include carpeted NICU suites
and bathrooms located in a separate area in order to reduce noise. It is
this attention to detail that makes a difference for premature babies
at St. Luke's.
- We tailor temperature, sound and light individually to each NICU baby's needs and adjust these elements as the baby progresses.
- High-tech equipment meets premature babies needs while allowing privacy to family members.
- The Ronald McDonald Family Room® provides the comforts of home,
including a family lounge with a fireplace and computer station, TV, kitchen with
refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker and laundry room.
- Parents can comfortably room-in their suite to remain close to their baby.
- Private sleep rooms with double beds allow parents to room-in prior to taking their premature baby home.
- Private bathrooms and showers
- The NICU Family Support program provides support and education for your family.
- A developmental care specialist and team provides your NICU baby with an
individualized developmental care plan (NIDCAP) during the NICU stay.