Benefits of Breastfeeding
Your amazing body makes the perfect food for your baby - breast milk. Breast milk contains more than 200 nutrients to help your baby grow and develop healthily.
- Lessen the risk of breast, ovarian and uterine cancer for the mom
- Help mom regain her prepregnancy figure sooner
- Increase pride and closeness with baby
- Save money
Breastfeeding babies may have...
- Less risk of SIDS, illness and infections
- Less gas, diarrhea and constipation
- Less asthma and allergies
- Less childhood cancers
- Less diabetes and obesity
- Better oral development, brain development and motor skills
- Better response to immunizations
- Better protection against diseases that last into adulthood
Visit the ADAM Pregnancy Health Library to learn more.
Podcast Episode: Breastfeeding
Leeann Moses, RN, lactation specialist, joins Dr. Arnold during World Breastfeeding Week to discuss frequently asked questions about breastfeeding. Transcript available here.