School of Medical Laboratory Science
To educate and train exceptional Medical Laboratory Science students in a stimulating clinical laboratory setting.
Goals of the Program
- To attract highly motivated, intellectual students with a positive attitude who are eager to give the health care they'd like their loved ones to receive.
- To prepare students to pass the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) examination upon their first attempt.
- To systematically evaluate all aspects of the program to look for potential areas of improvement and areas of strength.
- To ensure graduates are outstanding representatives and promoters of the occupation of Medical Laboratory Science including; mastering entry-level medical laboratory skills, articulating desirable interpersonal relationships, and understanding ethical/professional behaviors.
- To retain outstanding students for possible employment opportunities at UnityPoint Health St. Luke's.
- To encourage continuing education of students and clinical staff within UnityPoint Health St. Luke's laboratory.
Download our program brochure.
The program is accredited by the:
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
5600 N River Rd
Rosemont, IL 60018
Phone: (773) 714-8880
Fax: (773) 714-8886
On the web: http://www.naacls.org/