We offer a full spectrum of advanced cardiovascular services, from prevention and diagnostics through treatment and cardiac rehabilitation. Heart care services are provided at our clinics and outreach locations. Our Cardiology Clinic is exclusively affiliated with UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Hospital. St. Luke's is known as the Cedar Rapids Heart Hospital and has been nationally recognized as a Top 50 Heart Hospital in the United States six times!
Diagnosis & Treatment
We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of all cardiovascular diseases, including:
If your cardiovascular disease requires more specialized treatment, we are the premier cardiology group in Cedar Rapids providing comprehensive subspecialty heart care, including:
- Treatment of Arrhythmias (electrophysiology)-when the heart beats too fast with irregular rhythm.
- Treatment of advanced heart failure-when the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the needs of other organs of the body.
- Treatment of peripheral vascular disease-when circulation is limited to the extremities, sometimes due to an underlying heart condition.
- Echocardiography-non-invasive, diagnostic use of sound waves to examine the heart's walls, chambers and valves. (ICAEL accredited lab).
- Nuclear cardiology imaging-non-invasive use of a small amount of radioactive medicine and advanced imaging technology to identify blockages, viability of the heart muscle, and damage resulting from a heart attack. (ICANL accredited lab).
As a patient, this means two very important things to you:
You are cared for by the experienced leaders in the field of cardiovascular disease you'll never leave our office for medical consultation about your cardiovascular diagnosis and treatment plan. If your attending cardiologist wishes to consult with another cardiovascular disease specialist, it will be taken care of for your convenience, in our office.
We offer full-service, on-site cardiovascular services. When you come to our office you will remain in one building for:
- Treadmill exams
- Nuclear cardiology imaging
- Echocardiography testing
- Arterial Duplex and Full Lower Extremity Arterial Exam
- Carotid ultrasounds
- Event and Holter monitoring
- ICD monitoring