Child Life is excited to kick off a Teen Group. This is a great opportunity for teens to have fun during social events and connect with others experiencing a chronic illness.
Teen Group will meet monthly on the second Monday of each month from 6 to 8 p.m. Social events will take place on the hospital campus as well as off campus.
Who can join the Teen Group?
- Teens, ages 13 to 19 years old
- Current or former patients at Blank Children's Hospital
- Teens experiencing a chronic illness, such as: cancer, diabetes, epilepsy, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, sickle cell disease, blood disorders, cystic fibrosis and nephrotic syndrome.
- If a teen is experiencing cold-like symptoms, fevers or any contagious symptom within 24 hours of the group meeting, we ask that you do not attend Teen Group for the health and safety of others.
- If a teen becomes ill during the group, Child Life will contact the parent/guardian.
- If Teen Group is participating in an activity off of the Blank Children's Hospital campus, the following must occur:
- Teens must be dropped off and picked up by an adult to the location of the activity. If the teen is of legal driving age with a valid driver's license, they may drive themselves.
- Teens will sign in and out with a Child Life Specialist upon arrival and departure.
- If a teen were to voluntarily leave the event without a parent/guardian, the teen's parent/guardian will be notified immediately.
Sign Up Form
We are asking everyone interested in the group to sign up through the form below.