When dispatched by air, our Neonatal Transport Team and Pediatric Transport Team travel in LifeFlight. The ability to stabilize and transport patients as quickly as possible is critical, which is why LifeFlight and its crew can be instrumental during life-threatening situations.
Features of LifeFlight:
- One of the safest helicopter models used in medical transport.
- Spacious cabin allows for full-patient access optimizing care delivery.
- Ability to carry two patients or for a family member of a patient being transported.
- Three crew seats to help meet specific patient needs.
- Maximum cruise speed of 167 miles per hour.
- Special monitoring systems allowing safer transport in various weather conditions.
LifeFlight's medical personnel traveling with the Neonatal and Pediatric Transport Teams are also highly-trained and specialized in critical care. The nurses and paramedics support the Neonatal and Pediatric Transport Team nurses as they care for patients in need.