Some of the conditions our specialists can help diagnose and treat:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Birth defects
- Down syndrome
- Genetic anomalies
- Hearing and vision impairments
- Learning and attention disorders
- Sensory and language disorders
Developmental Screening Program
The Developmental Screening Program provides continuing care for babies who have been patients in the Blank Children's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and who are at risk for developmental problems.
The program offers:
- Periodic developmental screening of infants at 4 months, 9 months, 18 months and 2 1/2 years who were cared for in the NICU.
- Early identification of developmental problems.
- Assistance to families in referring their child for further evaluation and intervention.
- Guidance to families regarding a child's developmental progression as well as behavioral and nutritional information and resources.
The screening process:
- At each examination, your child will receive physical and developmental screenings with special emphasis on neurological and developmental assessment. This program is for screening only and does not provide any well-child care.
- Following each screening, a summary letter of the findings and recommendations will be sent to your child's primary care physician and to appropriate interdisciplinary team members. If the screening identifies any problem areas, a diagnostic evaluation will be advised.
- Any referral recommendations will be discussed with the parents and their primary care physician. Developmental evaluations will be performed by an advanced registered nurse practitioner who has specialized training in assessing the growth and development of children.