Neonatal & Pediatric Critical Care Ambulance
When traveling by ground, our Neonatal Transport Team and Pediatric Transport Team travel in the Neonatal and Pediatric Critical Care Ambulance. The ambulance is the only one of its kind in the region used to transport critically-ill and injured children and infants.
Features of the pediatric ambulance:
- Generator enables ambulance to run independently of the engine, if needed, in emergency situations.
- Five seats in the cab to allow family members to travel with their child.
- Child-friendly features such as a DVD player and ceiling light distraction system.
- Five point restraints for passengers in the back of the ambulance and secure mounts for equipment to keep everything in its place while moving.
- Multiple safety features, including night vision system, 360 degree outside cameras, additional emergency lighting on running boards and road temperature sensor system.
This ambulance was made possible by generous support from community donors: Variety - The Children's Charity, City of West Des Moines, The Iowa Clinic, R&R Realty, and the West Des Moines EMS Association.
Watch a tour of the ambulance
Neonatal and pediatric ambulance at Blank Children's Hospital from UnityPoint Health on Vimeo.