Neonatal & Pediatric Critical Care Ambulance
When traveling by ground, our Neonatal Transport Team and Pediatric Transport Team travel in the Neonatal and Pediatric Critical Care Ambulance. The ambulance is the only one of its kind in the region used to transport critically-ill and injured children and infants.
Features of the pediatric ambulance:
- Generator enables ambulance to run independently of the engine, if needed, in emergency situations.
- Can accommodate more than one patient at a time in addition to the parents.
- Five seats for providers to ensure that the patient receives the best care while in transport.
- Quad cab enables family members to ride safely with their child.
- Child-friendly features such as a mini-television with DVD.
This ambulance was made possible by generous support from community donors: Variety - The Children's Charity, City of West Des Moines, The Iowa Clinic, R&R Realty, and the West Des Moines EMS Association.