The Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP®) provides an evidence-based approach to care of the newborn requiring resuscitation. NRP® facilitates effective team-based care and communication for the multidisciplinary healthcare team providing resuscitation. NRP® utilizes a blended learning approach which includes online learning tools and exam, eSimulations, hands-on skill practice opportunities, integrated skills evaluation, and case-based simulation/debriefing.
Learners are required to study the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 7th Edition, and complete the 7th Edition NRP® Provider Curriculum online, exam and eSimulations before attending an NRP®
Instructor-Led Event for skills practice, performance evaluation, simulation, and debriefing. The online provider curriculum (includes exams and eSimulations) must be completed within 90 days of the Instructor-Led Event.
Continuing Education Credit:
Continuing Education Credit is provided through HealthStream upon successful completion of the online test.
Continuing education credits/units are not awarded from Blank Children's Hospital for the skills performance evaluation, and/or simulation/debriefing.
Total of $85.00 as paid below (requires 2 separate payments)
$35.00 – 7th Edition NRP® Provider Curriculum via HealthStream. Fee is paid to HealthStream. Students are expected to have studied the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 7th Edition before beginning the online exam. You may also refer to the textbook while taking the exam.
$50.00 – Skills practice opportunity, Integrated Skills testing and simulation/debriefing.
*A Neonatal Resuscitation, 7th Edition textbook is required. To purchase a paperback or ebook, please go to http://shop.aap.org or Amazon. 7th Edition Neonatal Resuscitation textbooks may also be purchased or rented from Barnes and Noble.
PLEASE NOTE: All classes listed on HealthStream are Eastern Time
- Go to http://www2.aap.org/nrp/ to purchase and enroll in the 7th Edition NRP® Provider Curriculum. All NRP® users are required to create a NEW HealthStream account for the 7th Edition NRP® .
- Click on "NRP® LMS Login" link.
- Click on "create a User ID and Password" link under "Are you a student?".
- Click on "Self Registration" in the Select an Institution drop down box.
- Create an account with a user name and password, change the time zone to Central Time and click submit. You will receive an email from HealthStream Express Registration Confirmation.
- Welcome To the NRP® Learning Management System (LMS) page, read the instructions for first time logging in and 7th Edition NRP® Provider Curriculum and click continue.
- Click Profile tab. When setting up your profile, make sure you enter your professional license information so continuing education can be granted.
- Click To Do tab and then "Find an Elective in the Catalog".
- Click "info" box next to 7th Edition NRP® Provider.
- Click "enroll" box on 7th Edition NRP® Provider page.
- Create HealthStream ID and click save.
- Confirmation email sent, need to verify by clicking on link. This ensures receiving your card after class completion.
- Click on "Start" next to 7th Edition NRP® Provider Course Part 1.
- Click either box at bottom of Checkout page and it will take you directly to course.
- The 7th Edition NRP® Provider Curriculum online (includes exams and eSimulations) must be completed within 90 days of the Instructor-Led Event. Once you start a section of the exam, it is recommended that you complete that section before leaving the exam. There is no guarantee a partially completed section will be saved. The exams may be taken as many times as needed. The eSimulations should be retaken until a score of 80% or greater is achieved.
- After completing the online curriculum, you will receive an exam completion certificate. Print this certificate and bring to NRP® course to give to your instructor. An NRP® card will not be issued if the Instructor-Led Event is successfully completed prior to class.
All NRP® Courses are held in our Simulation Center
Blank Children's Hospital and Methodist Medical Center campus
Education and Research Center
Dorner-Villeneuve Simulation Education Center, 2nd Floor ERC
1200 Pleasant Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
*To get to the class, park in the ramp on level one at the south end and take the southeast elevators to level 2.
Blank Children's Hospital reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment or inclement weather. In this event, you will be notified and your entire registration fee refunded.
A processing fee of $30 will be retained for cancellations less than 5 business days prior to the course.
For questions regarding registration, please contact Sarah Copple at Sarah.Copple@unitypoint.org or 515-241-6885.