Purpose & Intended Audience
The Basic Fetal Monitoring course is designed to enable the learner to apply the principles of basic fetal monitoring in clinical practice.
At the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the methods of monitoring fetal heart rates to determine a fetal hear rate baseline.
- Distinguish between absent, minimal, moderate and marked variability.
- Identify variable, early, late and prolonged deceleration's.
- Describe a sinusoidal pattern.
- Explain tachsystole and nursing interventions to resolve this pattern.
- Identify nursing interventions for safe patient care using case studies
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been approved for 2.75 contact hour(s) for full attendance by the Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #31, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines. No partial credit will be awarded.
Blank Children's Hospital
1200 Pleasant St.
Des Moines, IA 50309
Blank Children's Hospital reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment or inclement weather. In this event, you will be notified and your entire registration fee will be refunded.
No refunds for cancellations less than 5 business days prior to the course.
Sarah Copple – Clinical education Specialist – Maternity Services
Sarah.Copple@unitypoint.org or by phone 515.241.6885