Visitor Guidelines & Masking Policy
Effective October 25, 2022
All patients, including COVID positive, are allowed two (2) visitors at a time. Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Maternity Services are allowed two (2) visitors plus one (1) designated birthing coach/doula during the
- Outpatient Services, including emergency department patients, are allowed two (2) visitors at a time.
- For pre-procedure patients, visitors can arrive with the patient at their arrival time when it's earlier than
- Minors under the age of 16 are allowed to visit if they are supervised by an adult who is not the patient. * *Due to the high rate of RSV cases in our community, we are not allowing siblings to visit NICU patients at this time.
- All visitors must be free from any signs of illness.
- Exceptions may be made for end-of-life or other extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case basis by nursing unit leadership.
Visitors will be asked to leave if they are NOT willing to comply with these requests.
Effective Monday, October 3, 2022
UnityPoint Health has updated its masking guidelines. At this time, masking is now based on personal preference. Patients and visitors should mask in our facilities if they are currently ill with respiratory symptoms, have a COVID-19 diagnosis, or have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 10 days. Masking is strongly recommended when community transmission levels are high. We encourage anyone who prefers to continue masking to do so.