Updates, Closings & Restrictions
Please Call Ahead Before Any Visit & Wear a Mask or Face Covering
To reduce community spread of COVID-19, we're asking all patients to please call ahead before visiting a clinic. If you have an appointment at a UnityPoint Health location, please wear a mask or face covering except for children under two years old, anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated or unable to remove the mask without assistance.
Jones Regional Medical Center (JRMC) is further restricting hospital visitors, due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), in order to protect patients, staff, visitors and the community.
As of March 17, 2020 all routine visiting at JRMC is suspended until the transmission of COVID-19 is no longer a threat to our patients, staff and community. The Rhythm of Life cardiac program will also be suspended until further notice.
The decision to restrict visitors was difficult and made only after careful consideration as we witness schools, churches and other venues restrict gatherings to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Additionally, Valet has been suspended until further notice.
We recognize that there are times when having a visitor or family member present is crucial. In these cases, visitors will be allowed based on the exceptions listed below.
Please note in all cases a visitor will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath). Additionally, children under the age of 16 will not be allowed except under extraordinary circumstances.
- Patients with disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care, may have one visitor
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have one visitor
- Minors under the age of 18 may have one visitor, parents, or guardians
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one visitor who must leave the hospital as soon as possible after the procedure/surgery
- Patients with special circumstances declared by their provider
All patients and their visitor are to enter through the hospitals main entrance. Visitors allowed must stay in the patients room the entire time of the visit. Once the visitor leaves the patient room, they must leave the hospital.