Updates, Closings & Restrictions
Jones Regional Medical Center (JRMC) has updated their visitor guidelines to allow visitors in recognition that patient support from a visitor contributes to the healing and safety. If you choose to visit, please know that you may be exposed to COVID-19 and other viruses. Patients may have one visitor with the following guidelines.
- Visiting hours are 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Visitors must be screened, have a badge applied and wear a mask or a face shield or no entry.
- Visitor must be at least 18 years of age (unless extraordinary circumstances)
- Visitors must be in good health. Please do not visit if you have symptoms of respiratory infection. (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath), have been exposed or tested positive with COVID in the last 14 days.
- All patients (surgical, hospitalized, outpatient, emergency room) can have one visitor in the building at a time.
- Patients at end-of-life may have more than one visitor assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Emergency room only: Minors under the age of 18 may have both parents/guardians visit.
- Visitors must always stay in the patient's room during their visit and wear a mask. However, they may visit the Cafeteria for needed items. They are asked to either return immediately to their patient's room or depart the hospital. We ask that visitors not sit or gather in our waiting rooms or lobby.
- No animals allowed except for official service animals.
Visiting hours or guidelines may change or be suspended at any time due to the pandemic or shortage of supplies. The clinical team will make every effort to communicate changes as they occur. Again, thank you for understanding and keeping our community, patients and staff safe during this pandemic time.