About This ClinicPrint
Find Us Fast
The Allen Emergency Department is located on the first floor of the Heart and Vascular Center on Dale Street. Our entrance is very easy to spot. We are Emergency Entrance 4, and we are always open, always ready.
UnityPoint Health - Allen Hospital Emergency Room
208 West Dale Street,
If you are coming to Allen Hospital on Highway 63 from Waterloo, please be aware of ongoing road construction and appropriate detours
A Team you can Trust
- Board-certified doctors are in the Emergency Department 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, ready for any emergency.
- All of our nurses are specially trained in providing emergency adult and pediatric care, as well as in trauma and resuscitation.
- Allen is an award winning heart hospital. We are recognized as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, and an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Minutes count when it comes to heart attack care. Allen Hospital's average door-to-balloon time is 54 minutes, beating the national average. Our fastest door-to-balloon time in 2017 was six minutes.
- Allen has been designated as an Area Trauma Center by the Iowa Department of Public Health.
Care Coordination in the Emergency Department
When you are sent home or admitted to the hospital, your health record and the results of your tests are sent directly to your primary care provider through our computer system.
Social workers are stationed in the Emergency Department to help you and your doctor make sure you have everything you need, and they assist in planning for your needs when you go home.
A pharmacist is stationed in the Emergency Department to help get your medication list correct. They can also help get your prescriptions, even before you go home.
Many specialists are available to the Emergency Department for consultation, including pediatrics, orthopedics, gastroenterology, surgery, neurology, psychiatry and others.
Do I need to go to the Emergency Department?
Where You Go For Care Matters Guide