Diabetes Type 2 may be preventable!
The diagnosis of pre-diabetes is determined by a fasting blood glucose test:
- Normal if your blood sugar is less than 100
- Pre-diabetes if your blood sugar is 100 - 125 (or an A1C of 5.7 - 6.4)
- Diabetes if your blood sugar is 126 or higher
Research has shown you may be able to lower your risk with:
- A 5 - 10% reduction in weigh if your are overweight
- Moderate exercise/activity (150 minutes per week)
Our diabetes and nutrition staff can help you understand what pre-diabetes is and how to reduce your risk of developing diabetes. Register for one (or all) of these FREE classes located in the JRMC Specialty Clinic.
- Thursday July 5 at 9 a.m.
- Thursday Aug. 2 at 4 p.m.
- Thursday Sept. 6 at 9 a.m.
- Thursday Oct. 4 at 4 p.m.
- Thursday Nov. 1 at 9 a.m.
- Thursday Dec. 6 at 4 p.m.
Please call or leave a voicemail at (319) 481-6238 to register. Be sure to leave your full name and number.
*If the schools are closed or closing, the class will be canceled. By pre-registering, we will be able to reschedule your appointment.