Urgent Care and Pharmacy Open Late for RAGBRAI and Visitor Guidelines Update
Jones Regional Medical Center Urgent Care will be open until 10:00 p.m. today to accommodate Ragbrai traffic. The JRMC retail pharmacy will also be open until 9:30 p.m.
Visitor Guidelines Update
UnityPoint Health – Jones Regional Medical Center (JRMC) recognizes that the support of visitors contributes to the healing process for patients. It is our desire to balance these important elements with the need to protect patients, visitors and staff from the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other viruses.
Each hospitalized patient may have two visitor at a time.
Visitors are required to wear a mask at all times and remain in the patient’s room.
Below are some specific guidelines that have been put in place for your safety as well as the safety of all patients, visitors and staff:
- All visitors must follow screening procedures upon arrival and receive a visitor badge. Anyone with symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat) or has had a known exposure to COVID-19 in the last 14 days, will not be allowed into the facility
- Two visitors allowed for a hospitalized patient at a time. Only one visitor allowed for emergency department, outpatient and surgical patients.
- In the Emergency Department both parents will be allowed with a child.
- If your loved one is at the end of life, two visitors may be allowed depending on the situation.
- Staff may make exceptions based on clinical judgement and patient needs on a case-by-case basis.
- Visitors will be required to wear a mask and possibly other personal protective equipment (PPE) during the visit. If you do not have a mask the hospital will provide one for you.
- Please refrain from touching your face.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use the hand sanitizer frequently.
- Please keep personal belongings to a minimum that you bring into the hospital.
- We ask that you go directly to the patient room and after visiting promptly exit the building. We ask that you do not visit any other patients, staff or departments while in the hospital. We ask that you do not use waiting rooms.
- The cafeteria will be open to access food; however, social distancing and masking will be required. Seating will be very limited; you may take your food to your loved one’s room or get a to go container.
Visitors will be allowed in COVID suspected or COVID positive rooms only if the patient is not undergoing an aerosol generating procedure (AGP) and the visit is necessary for the patient’s wellbeing. This applies to ED and Inpatient.
- Two visitor limit
- Must pass screening at the front door and abide by all visitor guidelines or they will be asked to leave.
- Those with chronic health conditions should be discouraged to visit
- If the visitor is performing any type of patient care, they must don all PPE as a staff member would.
- Visitor must maintain 3 foot distance from the patient and wear a mask and face shield as well as a gown.
Thank you for understanding and keeping our community, patients and staff safe during this time.