Masking & Visitor Policies | COVID Testing
UnityPoint Health COVID-19 Masking Policy
Effective Friday, January 16, 2023
As of January 16, 2023, masking is based on personal preference for team members, patients and visitors. Our team members will wear masks during direct patient care. Masking is strongly recommended in all other locations when in group settings. We ask patients and visitors who are experiencing respiratory symptoms, have had a known COVID-19 exposure or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days to mask while in our facilities.
Effective Tuesday, January 24, 2023
COVID-19 Community Transmission Level: SUBSTANTIAL (Jones County)
At this time, visitors are welcome in our hospitals and affiliated clinics. Children of all ages are allowed to visit.
- Visitors must pass a self-screening at the front door, be in good health and not have had any exposure to COVID or currently be positive for COVID.
- We ask that if visitors or patients are having respiratory symptoms that they be given a mask to wear during their time here and keep in place covering the nose and mouth completely.
- Staff reserve the right to ask visitors to leave in the event it is not safe for the patient or the visitor to be present.
- Masks are available to anyone who may want on in addition to these guidelines.
Visitor Guidelines by Department:
- COVID Patients: May have visitors, we ask that the visitor wear a mask the entire time they are with the patient.
- Inpatient: Visitors welcome, please choose to visit at a different time if you are ill.
- Emergency Department: Due to space limitations, we ask that only 2 visitors accompany a patient at a time.
- Pediatric Patients in Emergency Room or Other Areas of the Hospital: Both parents may accompany the patient.
- Operation Room: Please remain in the OR waiting room or with the patient you’re accompanying.
- Radiology: Please limit visitors due to nature of visit. Person accompanying patient may wait in the X-Ray Waiting Area.
- Lab: Please limit visitors due to nature of visit. Person accompanying patient may wait in the Lab Waiting Area.
- Infusion Center: Please limit visitors due to the fragile health of some of our patients. Visitors may be limited by staff discretion.
- Outpatient Clinics, Work Well, Wound: Please limit visitors but up to 2 people may accompany the patient. Visitors may be limited by staff discretion.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Rehab, PT, OT, Speech Therapy: Please limit visitors to 1 visitor. Both parents may accompany children.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
To protect yourself, your loved ones and our community, all individuals 5 and older should get the COVID-19 vaccine and booster shots, if eligible. Visit our COVID-19 vaccine page for FAQs and information about scheduling.