Good nutrition is important to staying well. It is also an important part of preventing, treating or managing health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, digestive disorders, obesity, high blood pressure, cancer, and kidney disease.
The Registered Dietitians at Allen Hospital assess nutritional needs and make recommendations in regard to diet, exercise and other treatment plans.
Inpatient Services include:
- Nutrition Assessments, Physical Assessments, and Nutrition Care Plans
- Provide physician ordered disease specific meals for treatment and healing
- Nutrition Education
Outpatient Services include:
- Initial Nutrition Consultation: A 60 minute individual consultation with a Registered Dietitian. The Dietitian will review your health history, medications, food choices, behaviors and health goals to help you develop a basic nutrition and wellness plan tailored to your needs and lifestyle.
- Follow Up Series: After completing the initial nutrition consultations, ongoing nutrition counseling is available in 15-30 minute sessions.
- Outpatient nutrition consults require a physician referral and are not covered by all insurance carriers. Please check with your insurance prior to your visit to verify your coverage.
Education available for all disease states such as:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Celiac Disease
- Diabetes Nutrition Education (for further Diabetes Education, please refer to the Diabetes Center at United Medical Park)
- Food Allergies
- Fructose Intolerance
- Weight Loss or Management
We also provide:
- Speaking Engagements (fees may apply)