Moms Are Amazing
You're going to be a best friend, a personal chef, a teacher, healer, cheerleader... and the list goes on.
You're going to be amazing. Having an amazing team in the doctor's office, delivery room and beyond will help get you started.
I'm having a baby. What do I need to do?
1. Find a doctor for you and your baby
2. Choose a birthing center
This is where you will bring your baby into the world. Whoa. Take into consideration staff experience, one on one care, size and number of birth suites, and the level of care provided at the NICU (just in case you need it).
3. Tour birth care centers
- Every facility is different and you want to make sure to pick the right place to have your baby. So make an appointment to go walk around the birth care center and ask some questions.
4. Pre-register your delivery
- There's no need for added stress at the hospital. Take care of the paperwork before the contractions start by providing your contact, mailing and insurance information online.
5. Read up on credible pregnancy tips
6. Go to your first pre-natal appointment
- Providers typically schedule the first visit at about the eight-week mark (which gives you plenty of time to sort out the first five steps on the list).
Why choose Allen Hospital?
The most personal care
From the first heartbeat to the first smile, every baby is unique. Our patient satisfaction ranks in the top 10 percent nationally because our personalized care puts you at the center of everything we do.
The best backup plan
We expect your delivery to go smoothly. However, one out of every ten babies needs some extra help during their first few days in the world. The trained specialty team in our Level II NICU has the experience give your little miracle the best possible start.
The most committed team
Leaving the hospital after having your baby is an exciting time, but it comes with some challenges. Our team stays with you to make sure your baby is progressing on a healthy schedule. With dedication and compassion, we are ready to share every moment of the journey with you.
Learn more about all things baby at Allen.
Have you chosen a family medicine or pediatric provider to help keep your baby healthy through childhood and into adolescence? Making that choice before giving birth makes for one less thing to do in those hectic days and nights following delivery.