This is Iowa. Proud and on the move. Open spaces and friendly faces make Iowa a great place to live. Our way of life makes Iowa a great place to grow as well. A place to grow a family, a passion, and a practice. This spirit of growth puts emphasis on what's really important - people - and molds Iowa into one of the most attractive places to live in the country.
Many healthcare opportunities at Allen Health System are ready and waiting for you. At the center of this system is Allen Hospital, located in Waterloo in an area affectionately known as the Cedar Valley.
We offer big-city career opportunities without the hassles of urban life. A variety of professional and recreational advantages abound in the Cedar Valley at Allen Hospital and within Allen Health System.
Allen Hospital's Physician Services department consists of two areas: Credentialing and Physician Relations. The Medical Staff Coordinator handles all credentialing and privileging for physicians and allied health professionals practicing at Allen Hospital and supports various physician committees. The Physician Liaison organizes integration of new providers into the hospital and clinic system and acts as a primary point of contact for the medical staff when concerns arise regarding ease of practice at Allen Hospital.
Medical Staff Office
Office located: in Administration office suite.
Allen Hospital is at the heart of healthcare in the Cedar Valley. Top rate facilities; a highly trained, caring and experienced nursing staff; a support staff second to none and a vision for the future of healthcare make Allen a premier choice. Many physicians have established themselves at Allen Hospital and continue to enjoy success and happiness in the Cedar Valley.
Everything you and your family need are found right here in the Cedar Valley and in Iowa.
- Just minutes away, the University of Northern Iowa offers you many academic and recreational opportunities. Enjoy the benefits associated with having a state university close by.
- Countless outdoor activities including fishing in Iowa's many lakes, streams, and farm ponds; canoeing in the scenic rivers; hiking or camping in countless state parks; and walking vast acres of Iowa farmland teeming with wildlife.
- 50 miles of bike trails crisscrossing throughout the Waterloo/Cedar Falls vicinity; including easy access to local state parks.
- Numerous golf courses - Iowa ranks within the top six states for courses per capita, many of which are just minutes away.
- The Cedar Valley boasts one of the lower costs of living in the nation, in fact the medium price of a home in Iowa is nearly 40% below the U.S. median.
- A myriad of cultural centers including the Waterloo Center for the Arts, the Grout Museum the new Gallagher-Bluedorn Performing Arts Center located on the nearby University of Northern Iowa campus.
With priorities such as healthcare, family and education, it is no surprise that the Cedar Valley is a healthy place for living and raising your family. Top-notch public and private schools, a network of daycare choices including private caregivers and nannies, as well as progressive preschool programs and Montessori schools provide strong educational cornerstones for Iowa's children and their families. The University of Northern Iowa, recognized as one of the state's leading institutions for higher education, creates opportunities for sporting events, continuing education, and cultural events such as the College Hill Arts Festival.
The people are what count in Iowa. Your neighbors. Your colleagues. Your family. And YOU. They all have a place here in the Cedar Valley. It's a place that many have come to call home. A place where recreational and professional opportunities are plentiful. A place where fulfilling medical careers can grow beyond your expectations, here - today and tomorrow - at Allen Hospital.
Iowa is a place to grow. Join us.