We deliver miracles and memories every day.
As the leading birthing center in Waterloo, Iowa, UnityPoint Health – Allen Hospital welcomes more than 1,000 babies each year. Our birthing center has 15 private maternity care birthing suites and a seven-room Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Moms and dads love our private suites with spa-like surroundings, each complete with a whirlpool bath, sleeper sofa, full entertainment center, and room service. A professional photographer is available to take your newborn's pictures in your room.
Childbirth Education Classes for Expectant Families
Allen Hospital offers a variety of informational childbirth education classes to help prepare expectant mothers and their families for the experience of childbirth and parenting. It is our goal to provide up-to-date information in a fun and relaxing atmosphere.
Childbirth classes are offered at various times throughout the year to help meet the needs of all expectant families. Class size is limited and enrollment is based on first come, first served basis. We reserve the right to cancel or shorten a class due to low enrollment. To ensure class registration, payment must be received one week prior to class.
See classes available and register.
Our services and features include:
- Centralized fetal monitoring system
- High-risk delivery services
- C-section operating room located on the unit
- Triage rooms for evaluation and testing
- Skin to skin contact at birth after a vaginal or C-section delivery
- Breastfeeding support services during your stay with us; continued breastfeeding support services after you are home
- Advanced alarm infant security system
- Newborn follow-up appointments available