If you have to spend time in the hospital, you want to be assured that you are receiving very good care. The Trinity Hospitalist Program strives to provide exactly that. In the event that you are admitted to the Trinity Bettendorf Campus or Trinity Rock Island Campus, your care may be overseen by a physician known as a hospitalist.
Trinity has established a network of highly qualified, experienced physicians, known as "hospitalists," who specialize in caring for patients while they are in the hospital. The hospitalists will work closely with your regular physician to make sure you receive excellent health care during your stay with us.
This team of dedicated hospitalists will work with you during your stay to provide you the highest level of patient-centered care. The hospitalist team of physicians will provide direct patient care in their role as hospitalists and will also provide care indirectly by teaching resident physicians.
Meet our Bettendorf Hospitalists
Meet our Rock Island Hospitalists
M.D., Medical Director
Steve Arvanitis, M.D.
Muddasir Ashraf, M.D.
Irfan M. Ankolkar, M.D.
Muhammed Niazi, M.D.
Nitu Gajurel, M.D.
Jeff Little, Nurse Practitioner
How does it work?
When you are hospitalized, your regular physician will coordinate your admission with Trinity Bettendorf. A hospitalist, resident and case manager will work together to care for you during your hospital stay. Your care team will:
- Establish a relationship with you and your family to ensure all your needs are met
- Assess and treat your medical condition in a friendly and respectful manner
- Coordinate your hospital care including all tests, imaging or exams
- Communicate with you about all procedures and answer any questions you might have so that you understand the care you are receiving
- Arrange for any specialty care, therapy or consultations
- Keep your regular physician informed of your hospital progress
- Ensure your comfort through pain management and control
- Provide you timely information regarding your treatment and anticipated discharge date
- Transition your medical care back to your own doctor, or assist in finding a doctor if you do not already have one when you are ready to be discharged
- Contact you after you are discharged home to ensure that all aspects of your follow-up care plan are in place
Trinity Bettendorf prides itself as a teaching hospital for osteopathic family medicine physicians. This means we provide care coordination through our teaching service which combines our hospitalist program and residency program. During your stay, a resident may accompany your hospitalist during rounds and procedures.
Trinity Bettendorf residents provide you with the continuity of a primary physician for the duration of your hospital stay. The residents provide care under the oversight of the hospitalist. The resident will coordinate communication between hospitalists, case managers and back to your regular physician.
Questions or Concerns?
At any time, please feel free to contact your physician, nurse or case manager directly to ensure that all your needs and concerns are addressed. We want to provide you the highest level of patient-centered care during your stay with us.