Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Services
Helping those whose lives have been changed by disabilities
What would you do if you lost the ability to walk? What would you do if you suddenly couldn't talk, or had difficulty hearing? How would you adjust to the many changes a disability could bring into your life? At Trinity, caring and compassionate staff members work with patients day by day to find the resources they need - resources that will allow them to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Because the Trinity Experience is more than tending to the body, you have our promise that we will serve you in whatever way we can to ensure your mental, emotional and spiritual well-being, in addition to improving your physical health.
Because there is no place like home, you have our pledge that we will make you as comfortable and welcome as we can, while working to make possible your speedy recovery.
Because you are the reason we're here, you have our assurance that we will always be here for you.
A Team Approach
A team approach is a sign of an exceptional rehabilitation program. We are proud of the care we deliver at Trinity. The entire team of nurses and therapists works together to provide coordinated care. Qualified professionals meet weekly as a team to discuss programs and goals. Members of this team include:
- Physiatrists (physicians specializing in rehabilitation medicine)
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech pathologists/audiologists
- Social workers
- Program managers
- Case managers
- Nutrition services
- Psychologists/rehabilitation counselors
- Recreational therapists
- Pastoral care staff
History and Accreditation
Trinity Rehabilitation Services was created in 1970, the first program of its kind in the Quad Cities area. Since 1978, it has maintained maximum accreditation in comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation by CARF, the Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission. Patients are referred to Trinity from more than 20 health care facilities in Illinois and Iowa. Trinity is also accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and is a member of the American Hospital Association and the Illinois Hospital Association.
Trinity evaluates its rehabilitation program with a uniform system that allows us to benchmark against regional and national norms. Outcome reports are published yearly to keep referral sources informed.
- ASA American Stroke Association
- NSA National Stroke Association
- The Satva Center - If you are looking for holistic programs or methodologies to balance body, mind and spirit and treat the whole person, look at Satva Center, Inc. The center offers patients, their families, caregivers and the medical staff (especially oncology and rehabilitation) an array of complementary alternative methodologies, classes, specific certifications and training in holistic health care methodologies such as reiki, meditation, reflexology, acupuncture, yoga, t'ai chi, massage, art and sound healing, retreats and more.