Pain Management Center
At Trinity, we care about how you feel. We're ready to help whenever pain threatens your ability to enjoy life.
Our center offers a team approach to pain treatment. Our staff includes anesthesiologists with extensive experience in chronic pain management. Several of our physicians have completed a pain management fellowship program accredited by the American Board of Anesthesiology.
Consultation services are available with other specialists in:
- Orthopedic surgery
- Physical medicine
- Social work for mental health counseling
Patients are seen with a variety of chronic pain complaints. The most common diagnoses include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Failed back syndrome
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Facet and sacroiliac joint arthropathy
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Postherpetic neuralgia
- Spine-related disorders
- Many other neuropathic pain disorders
- Chronic lumbar/cervical radiculopathies
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Occipital neuralgia
The evaluation process includes a thorough health history and physical examination by the physician and nursing staff. X-rays and other tests are studied, and a detailed treatment plan is developed.
The primary goals of the treatment program are to:
- Increase function
- Help patients live more easily with pain
- Allow a fuller life
- Return to work
- Diminish pain when possible
Pain physicians use a variety of treatment options to reach these goals. These include:
- Pharmacologic management
- Psychological assessment
- Behavioral modification through counseling and biofeedback
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Pool therapy
- Interventional procedures
Patients are accepted on a referral basis only. These may be made by physicians, rehabilitation specialists, insurance carriers or other health care professionals. Click here to download our Pain Clinic brochure.
View information about the Muscatine Pain Management Center.