The Robert Young Center for Community Mental Health, Access Center, provides a convenient centralized point of contact for people who need access to mental health and substance abuse services. The Access Center staff works closely with the Emergency Room, Inpatient Units, Mental Health Outpatient and the Community Support Program to link patients to the appropriate level of care and to various support services within the community.
The Access Center will be open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Same day appointments for, non-crisis, assessments and evaluation
- Scheduled from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- We will assist you to determine the type of appointment you are seeking.
- Our goal is to provide same day appointments.
- During an evaluation, our clinicians will determine, with the client's input, an appropriate level of care and a follow up plan.
- The Access Center staff will assist to make appropriate follow up appointments prior to leaving.
Crisis assessments for mental health and substance abuse are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at the Rock Island campus.
- Persons in crisis should present to the closest emergency room.
- Many local and surrounding hospitals are now equipped with the technology for our Access Center crisis clinicians to provide a mental health or substance abuse assessment remotely by video camera.
The Robert Young Center Crisis Line provides 24 hour, seven days a week access to confidential professional help.
Crisis Line: (309) 779-2999
To schedule an appointment with the Access Center, or to find out more about our department, please contact us at (309)-779-3001.