UnityPoint Health – Proctor Transitional Care Center
Hospital patients that will require in-patient rehabilitative care before returning to their homes have a new and unique option: UnityPoint Health – Proctor Transitional Care Center.
Opened in spring 2017, our Transitional Care Center offers many benefits for patients – and their families – whether they will be with us for several days or a few weeks:
• All 19 rooms are private (nursing homes typically have double rooms); we intend to expand to 43 private rooms by fall 2017
• A look and feel more like a hotel than a nursing home, with a comfortable lounge area for visiting with family and friends, a restaurant-style dining experience, and conference rooms for educational sessions, parties and holiday celebrations
• Dedicated fitness rooms for strength and mobility training, and physical and occupational therapy sessions
• Central Illinois' largest collection of functional simulation areas (bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, laundry room) that help maximize what each patient will be able to do at home to get the most out of life
• Spa tubs and a hair stylist to enhance the psychological well-being of patients that choose to use these services
The Advantages of a Hospital-Based Facility
Other advantages of our Transitional Care Center can only be offered by being located inside a hospital setting:
• Access to pharmacists, dieticians and other specialists at no additional cost
• Access to other services, such as imaging equipment and blood draws, without having to endure the stress and disruption of ambulance rides
• An Emergency Department staffed with experienced physicians and the most advanced technology to handle any urgent need that arises unexpectedly
Whether you are 88 or 38, whether you are recovering from surgery or from a serious illness, if you need rehabilitative before returning home, we invite you to visit our Transitional Care Center. We think you'll find that the combination of our new facility and our expert, compassionate team is unlike any other in central Illinois.