Pathology & Laboratory Services
Our laboratory performs hundreds of tests each day and over 1.4 million tests per year resulting in 3.5 million test results. Testing is offered in all general laboratory disciplines and some specialty services for clinical and anatomical pathology. At UnityPoint Health - Methodist | Proctor, it's not just about scientific results, facts and figures. A team of dedicated individuals use their knowledge, expertise, skills, and abilities to provide you a high quality, full service laboratory. We perform a broad range of tests using advanced instrumentation and technically proven methodologies.
We know timely results significantly impact patient treatment, so we place laboratory results in the hands of health care providers as quickly as possible. Services are provided for all patients, ages neonate through geriatric, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When technology allows, we provide critical laboratory testing at the patient bedside. Our outreach services include nursing home residents, assisted living facilities, physician offices, clinics, and other hospitals.
We never forget that our services are often the foundation of the physician's diagnosis and treatment. Attention to detail is critical. Our services impact lives.
Our team consists of:
- 10 Board-Certified Pathologists
- 1 Clinical Chemist
- 60 Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Technicians & Assistants
- 12 Histology Technicians, Technologists, & Assistants
- 2 Cytologists with 2 support personnel
- 22 Phlebotomists
- 18 Reference Lab Technicians & Couriers
The Laboratory at Methodist Medical Center is accredited with the following agencies:
- The Commission on Medicare and Medicaid for CLIA 14D0431854 & 14D0044346 (View our Certificate)
- College of American Pathologists 1899501 (View our Certificate)
- Joint Commission Accreditation of Hospitals
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy, Tissue Transplant
Methodist campus lab is involved in supporting clinical trials for our Research Department. The Methodist Lab also participates in Beta-site testing for new equipment.
To learn more about lab tests, visit: www.labtestsonline.org
For more information on our laboratory services call 309-672-4911.