12th Annual Recovery Walk 5K Run/1 Mile Walk 2018
Why Walk for Recovery?
For more than 35 years, our treatment professionals have touched the lives of thousands affected by the disease of addiction. We provide treatment with dignity and respect to the patient and their family that literally changes lives. Some of our patients have insurance coverage and family support to help them pay for these intensive services. Others are ready to make a change but do not have the financial resources to make it happen. Our Ameel Rashid scholarship fund helps make their dreams of a new life possible.
You can make all the difference...
We need your help to remove barriers to recovery and open new doors for those still struggling with addiction.
Help us by supporting the Illinois Institute for Addiction Recovery and the Ameel Rashid Scholarship for Addiction Recovery by participating in the 2018 Recovery Walk 5K run/1-mile walk.
Each year the Illinois Institute for Addiction Recovery hosts Recovery Walks, a fundraiser for the Ameel Rashid scholarship for addiction recovery. Like last year, the event is a 5K run or 1-mile walk.
Saturday, October 13, 2018
Race begins at 9 a.m.
Junction City Shopping Center
5901 N. Prospect Road
Peoria, IL 61614
- Friday, October 12 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Running Central
- Saturday, October 13 from 8 to 9 a.m. at Junction City
Register by Wednesday, September 19 to guarantee t-shirt size.
Beautiful custom cast medals will be awarded to:
- Top 3 male winners in each age category
- Top 3 female winners in each age category
- Top male and female winners overall
- Age groups are as follows: 0-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50+
The award ceremony will take place directly after the race.
- After the awards ceremony, enjoy food, music and fun!
- This is also a great time to visit with the exhibitors
- There will be no refunds for the 2018 race. We thank you for your donation.
- Entries are non-transferable.
- Race management reserves the right to cancel or modify the event due to unfavorable conditions.
- Registration fees are not refundable in the event of cancellation due to "acts of God."
Please join us in supporting our scholarship fund by participating in our 5K run or 1-mile walk!
Click for more information or to register online.