Individuals interested in the Child Life Practicum Program should follow the time schedule for application procedure.
Spring Semester Practicum
- Application Due: September 5, 2018
- Initial Offer Date: October 9th, 2018
- Acceptance Date: October 10th, 2018
- Practicum Dates: January - March
1. Click here to download the application. Please remember, all students must be affiliated with a university/college during their practicum.
2. Please mail your application along with the following items:
- A current resume
- A copy of your unofficial transcript(s)
- Verification of 60 hours of volunteering within a hospital setting
- Letter from your supervisor(s) from your hospital volunteer experience
- Two letters of reference in sealed, signed envelopes
3. We strongly recommend that applicants have a student membership with the Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP).
An interview is required for practicum selection. You may be contacted for an interview, after your application, transcript, and recommendations are reviewed. If it is impossible to arrange an onsite interview, one can be arranged via video call.
Individuals will be notified of their offer of acceptance into the Practicum Program on or before the date specified above. Candidates must notify the Child Life Team whether they accept their offer by the date listed above.
Housing arrangements are the responsibility of the student.
The following vaccinations or tests and screenings need to be completed and documented by your school or family doctor prior to your start date:
- Proof of current vaccinations/skin tests
- Proof of Flu Shot
- Drug Screen and Criminal Background Check
No stipend is paid to the Child Life student; parking is free of charge.
May be purchased or department copies may be used by the student.
Child Life students are required to complete one hundred and twenty (120) hours over ten (10) weeks.