RN New Hire Support Program, 0-3 Years
Join us on a journey that is fulfilling, challenging and rewarding. It's the life of a professional Registered Nurse at UnityPoint Health - Peoria. We are committed to helping you achieve success as you pursue your professional goals. Let our comprehensive RN New Hire Support Program guide you step-by-step on your journey to excellence!
General Nursing Orientation
- In our state-of-the-art Learning Resource Center.
- Expert presenters provide support and opportunities
- You'll enhance your critical thinking, problem solving, and skill-based competencies.
Unit-based Orientation with Your Preceptor Partner
You partner with a formally prepared Preceptor who:
- Serves as your learning resource
- Supports you throughout your unit-based clinical orientation
- Customizes learning experiences based on your individual needs
- Offers feedback through ongoing communication to keep your journey on track
- providing you with support and opportunities for continued growth and professional development.
New Hire Support Mentor Program
Your unit-based Mentor will ease your integration to the unit and to the organization. Your mentor will also help you adjust to your new job and promote your growth by serving for three years as your sponsor, teacher, role model, friend, and confidant.
New Grad NCLEX Retest Support
Retaking the NCLEX exam? Methodist supports you with educational resources, financial aid, and professional test anxiety counseling.
New Hire Nurse Education Day
To support your desire for continuing growth, you will have the opportunity to attend an education day designed to meet your unique needs as a new nurse at UnityPoint Health - Peoria.
We care about what you think!
We encourage new nurses at Methodist to participate in feedback sessions, Retention Roundtables, as you complete your first, second and third year at Methodist. Your perspective is valuable as we assess clinical, professional, and personal growth needs of new hires. You'll help us identify ideas that will be implemented to help Methodist attract and retain outstanding nurses.
Independent Study e-learning Modules
Learn at your own pace.
Essentials of Critical Care Orientation for new Critical Care staff in an online orientation program used in conjunction with Critical Care classes. It offers 54 contact hours over a one-year period. In addition, computer-based training modules for a variety of topics are available online.
Abundant Education Opportunities
Continuing education promotes evidence-based clinical practice and professional growth. Methodist Corporate University's Clinical Development curriculum is design to help experts and novices alike build the level of clinical competence that jobs require and address the needs of clinical specialties.
Clinical Observation Experiences
- Experience professional growth
- Develop new knowledge
- Broaden your understanding of health care delivery
- Enhance your ability to educate your patients
Unit-based and Organizational Teams
Be involved and be heard!
- Patient Satisfaction Council
- Employee Satisfaction Council
- Operations/Lead Nurse Council
- Clinical Practice/Performance Improvement
- Education Council
- And many more...
Certification Attainment and Support
Specialty certification is strongly encouraged and available to all Methodist-employed nurses. Since 2004 there has been a six-fold increase in the number of nurses certified in their field of expertise. Financial support is available, as well as, study materials and paid study time. Continuing education contact hours are also available.
UnityPoint Health - Peoria offers abundant opportunities for continued growth in leadership roles such as Lead Nurse, Preceptor, Mentor, and Nurse Manager.