Saturday & Sunday, April 22 & 23, 2017
Kelley Conference Center, UnityPoint Health-Des Moines
1200 Pleasant St.
Des Moines, IA 50309
View Full Schedule
As an employer of choice, we are investing in our employees’ talent and development. Valuable information, updates, and evidence-based practice related to therapy will be shared to provide the best outcome for every patient every time. Participants will have the opportunity to focus on these elements:
- Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units, regions and outside partners.
- Be accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
- Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
- We work to be employers where staff want a career and patients want to have their care.
- Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
After this conference, participants will be able to :
- Recognize Parkinson’s treatment resources, patient education, and quality of life issues in chronic disease management.
- Discuss the patient-centered experience, beyond clinical outcomes, in caring for those with Parkinson’s.
- Describe condition sets that may benefit from alternative and augmentative communication and supportive therapy.
- Compare innovative treatment techniques for impaired functional mobility of hip or knee joints.
- Focus on the continuity of care between acute care treatment options to rehabilitation of the patient with cerebrovascular accident.
- Examine quality of life issues related to the care of patients and families with Alzheimer’s and appropriate communication or responses to dementia-related behaviors
- Differentiate the therapeutic and adverse effects of medications used for COPD, heart failure, diabetes, depression/anxiety, and dementia which may impact the therapy plan in the Home Care Setting.
- Consider possible side effects of medications and their potential to impact rehabilitation activities and patient safety.
- Describe evidence-based standardized testing applied to different settings
- Summarize basic therapeutic kinesio taping techniques for a variety of conditions.