Management Leadership Academy
Our leaders provide the administrative muscle to provide coordinated care in a complex and fast paced health care environment. UnityPoint Health recruits, develops and retains leaders in unique ways. Our success stems from our ability to be innovative change agents who are disciplined and patient-centered. We invest time and resources into talented physicians, nurses and managers who are interested in enhancing their skills to make a difference in our approach to coordinated care.
Our leadership academies, fellowships, symposium and overall commitment to the innovative practice of leadership, play an instrumental role in developing the leaders who will be at the forefront of our growth and future success.
We are committed to identifying talented individuals and providing them with challenging yet rewarding learning experiences to enhance their professional development. Admission to participate in an academy or fellowship is selective, consisting of individuals identified as having the potential to advance or expand their scope of influence within UnityPoint Health.
The Management Leadership Academy at UnityPoint Health is a talent development course of study for promising administrative leaders with a focus on enhancing their leadership skills and knowledge of UnityPoint Health, including UnityPoint Clinic and UnityPoint at Home.
UnityPoint Health: Talent Development
In addition to the Management Leadership Academy, UnityPoint Health approaches leadership development in a number of ways, including:
- Physician Leadership Academy, a graduate-level program for practicing doctors to become more adept at understanding, navigating and leading healthcare administration
- Post Graduate Fellowships - identifying the best and brightest talent to gain exposure to the leadership and strategy of one of the nation's largest health care systems
- Leadership Symposium brings systemwide best practices, leading ideas and vision to management, clinicians and staff.
While Opportunities Vary in Each Program, Academy Scholars and Fellows Can Expect:
- Instruction critical to the advancement and promotion of quality healthcare
- Access to professional development resources and an experienced health care executive coach
- Better understanding of the system's strategy and how it is executed across the enterprise
- Completion of a project that focuses on finding solutions to challenges that UnityPoint Health faces
- To build lasting relationships with other leaders throughout UnityPoint Health
- Comprehensive evaluation and feedback at program completion
- Provide individuals who have demonstrated great potential with a valuable opportunity to sharpen leadership skills and form partnerships
- Equip leaders with the skills required to effectively manage challenging health care initiatives while achieving our Vision of delivering the Best Outcome for Every Patient Every Time
- Position academy graduates to assume greater levels of leadership at all levels of the organization and provide strategic direction to UnityPoint Health in the evolving health care arena