Friends of Meriter High School Scholarships
2016 application materials must be submitted by March 17, 2016. Please direct any questions to your high school guidance counselor or Barbara Bruce at (608) 417-6414.
Welcome! Give Volunteering at UnityPoint Health - Meriter a Try!
You have unique reasons for why you have chosen to donate your time and energy to volunteerism in your community. We respect that! The caring people who volunteer at UnityPoint Health - Meriter reflect the community we serve – women and men, teens, college students, working professionals and retirees. Meriter volunteers complement our dedicated staff by enhancing the quality of healthcare provided to our patients who come from all over south central Wisconsin. Our volunteers understand that a hospital visit can be stressful and challenging for a patient and family members.
Kind words and personalized assistance go a long way in making our guests comfortable. So, if you are interested in being a vital part of the UnityPoint Health – Meriter consistent standard of 'Excellence Always,' then volunteering with us is the perfect fit for you! Our Volunteer Services staff will work with you to select a volunteer placement that meets your interests and availability. At the same time, we want to give you a chance to learn new skills and gain a sense of personal satisfaction and accomplishment when you volunteer. Discover how a couple hours each week can make a real difference for our patients, their families and for you!
A few of the volunteer opportunities that await you include:
- Facilitating physician and family consults in our Surgical Waiting Room
- Assisting visitors or callers at our Information Desk
- Visiting patients through our unique Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP)
- Supporting new families in our very busy Birthing Center
- Assisting Emergency Room team members
- Delivering patient flowers
- Providing assistance to our guests in the Gift Shop or Greenbush Garden Bistro
- Be a Team Unit Partner by stocking supplies and making daily patient visits on many nursing units
- Facilitating the admission of our patients, delivering paperwork to nursing units, and working on special projects as an At Your Service volunteer
- and many, many more...
As a UnityPoint Health – Meriter volunteer, you could also choose to participate in various fundraising events, serve on a volunteer leadership council or join a small group committee. For example:
- Annual December Love Lights tree lighting program
- Annual Scholarship Committee which awards financial support to area high school Seniors pursuing a health care career
- Review applications through our Friends 4 Friends committee which supports many Dane County nonprofit organizations.
Join Our Volunteer Team!
THANK YOU for your interest in volunteering at UnityPoint Health - Meriter. We are always looking for energetic people who want to share their time and talents in a healthcare environment and have fun while volunteering.
Please be aware that volunteers are required to make a 2-4 hour weekly commitment for a minimum of 6 continuous months. Additionally, all volunteers must do a health screening that includes a 2 step TB skin test and documentation of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, varicella and receive a current influenza vaccine. Also, the State of Wisconsin requires that a criminal background check be completed on all health care volunteers.
Please print and complete the Application for Volunteer Services Form and the Background Information Disclosure Form you see below. Send all completed forms to:
UnityPoint Health - Meriter
Attn: Volunteer Services Coordinator
202 South Park Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53715
Application for Volunteer Services Form
Background Information Disclosure Form
Still have questions? Please contact us at MSN_Volunteer@unitypoint.org or call (608) 417-6257.
UnityPoint Health - Meriter recognizes its responsibility to provide patients, staff members and volunteers with the safest environment possible. Influenza is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. The most effective way to prevent infection from an influenza virus is through annual influenza vaccination. Therefore, volunteers are required to obtain an annual flu vaccination in order to volunteer during flu season at UnityPoint Health – Meriter.
Friends of Meriter Newsletter
Please enjoy the current issue of NEWSLINE, a quarterly publication prepared specifically for our UnityPoint Health – Meriter volunteers.
Newsline - October 2015
Newsline - December 2015.pdf