Summer Extern Program for Student Nurses
About the Extern Program
- May 23, 2016 – August 5, 2016
- You will be assigned to work Day, PM, or Night shift including every other weekend.
Transitioning from the classroom to a career can be challenging. You can get a head start on your nursing career by taking advantage of this unique opportunity. Earn as you learn at Meriter Hospital during our summer program.
The Meriter Advantage
From the end of May to the middle of August, you will work in our caring, nurturing environment under the guidance of an experienced registered nurse in one of our Patient Care areas. Our Student Nurse Extern Program will allow you to observe, firsthand, the dynamics of collaborative nursing practice and to begin the transition of student to professional nurse at Meriter.
Orientation classes will supplement your hands-on clinical experiences. Clinical opportunities will be offered in the Birthing Center, IMCU, Heart and Vascular Center, General Medical, and Perioperative Services. These departments will provide a fast-paced work environment, and the experience provided will develop critical thinking skills, teamwork and collaborative skills with solid patient care experiences.
How to Apply
Please complete the entire add-on form at the bottom of this page and save it to your computer.
Once you have completed this form you are then ready to submit your on-line application for the Nurse Extern Program at Meriter Careers page. Upload your completed add-on form, resume,and unofficial official transcripts into your on-line application prior to submitting. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that all required application material is included in the on-line application and received by the deadline,January 31, 2016.
Completed application material includes:
- On-line Application completed at Meriter Careers Page, add the job to your Job Cart and completed the application form as directed.
- Resume (uploaded into on-line application)
- Add-on Application Form completed (uploaded into on-line application)
- Unofficial Transcripts (uploaded into on-line application)
January 31, 2016. (We will not consider incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline.)
The Student Nurse Extern Program is open to any nursing student who:
- Will have senior status in a bachelors of nursing program for the fall semester of 2016
- Anticipates graduating in December 2016 or May 2017
- Has completed at least one acute care clinical
- Is certified in Health Care Provider CPR through August 2016
- Is a student in good standing at an accredited school of nursing
Nurse extern add-on form