What is a Urologist?
A urologist is a physician who specializes in problems of the male and female urinary tract, as well as the reproductive organs. Most often, patients are referred to urologists for symptoms including abdominal pain, urinary tract infections (UTI's), blood in urine, incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and elevated prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels.
Our outstanding urology team at UnityPoint Health - Meriter is led by Brian Le, MD, MA and Andrew K. Graf, MD.
Our team would be honored to partner with you in health, and look forward to developing a relationship centered around your needs. Your urology team will work closely with your primary care doctor to ensure your care is holistic and well-coordinated.
When Should I See a Urologist?
Please call us if you experience any of the following:
- discomfort while urinating
- a sense of difficulty in completely emptying the bladder
- incontinence, a loss of urinary control
- hematuria, the appearance of blood in the urine
- the sensation of pain appearing to be related to one of the structures of the urinary tract
- problems with sexual function
- infertility, difficulties involved in conceiving a child