Serving You & Your Family
The anticipation of a new baby brings a world of excitement - and dozens of new decisions. One of the most important decisions you'll make is where to have your baby.
Give yourself - and your baby - the assurance of family-centered care from UnityPoint Health - Meriter hospital. Each year, more families choose Meriter for their birth experience than any other hospital in south central Wisconsin. And while more families choose Meriter than any other, we treat every birth as a uniquely special event.
Why is UnityPoint Health - Meriter hospital such a popular choice among south-central Wisconsin's families?
- Our private birthing suites - with homelike surroundings full of comforts and conveniences to make labor and delivery more pleasant.
- Our experienced nurses - caring professionals who support you throughout your birthing experience with warmth and respect.
- Our quality - the Birthing Center has consistently scored in the top 10% nationally in patient satisfaction surveys.
- Those little extras - services we've created to provide your family with happiness and peace of mind.
Please visit the sections listed on the left, as we think that once you learn more about Meriter you'll agree that it truly is the best place to begin.
Birthing Center Suites
Thank you for choosing UnityPoint Health - Meriter hospital for your baby's birth. Our goal is to make your stay exceptional and your birth experience one you will always remember. Our newly renovated Birthing Center is open for the newest generation of babies.
Our labor and delivery floor has 7 private triage, 13 delivery, 3 C-section and 3 recovery rooms. We have two floors for our Family Care Suites that each have 24 private post-delivery rooms providing a relaxing atmosphere for all of the patients. The new post-delivery and bed rest rooms (for mothers who are in the hospital for observation of a high-risk obstetrical problem) include sleep space for family and a private bathroom and shower.
All of our new families start their journey on the labor and delivery unit. Once delivered, the family moves to a clean, private space after the recovery period. Room accommodations do not differ for patients who deliver vaginally or by C-Section.
We are making every effort to make your stay as comfortable as possible so that you and your family can be afforded the privacy and ability to experience the birth of your choice.
Meriter is honored to deliver more babies than any other hospital in Wisconsin.
Welcome UnityPoint Health - Meriter Babies
We are welcoming our newest patients! Photos of our littlest patients will be featured on the digital billboard between the South Towne Drive and Rimrock Road exits on the Beltline to celebrate growing families.
Enjoy more photos of our newest patients.
Photos taken by Serendipity Photo Studio.
Commitment to Breastfeeding Support
Baby-Friendly USA has awarded UnityPoint Health - Meriter hospital the prestigious international recognition as a Baby-Friendly™ birth facility. The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative recognizes facilities that provide optimal levels of care for breastfeeding mothers and their babies.
Lullaby Chimes to Honor Your Baby's Birth
After your baby is born, a chime will be played in honor of him or her. When you hear the soothing music in the hospital, you'll know another baby's life is being celebrated. We are honored that you chose Meriter for your baby's birth.
How to Refer a Patient to Mother-Baby Care (Providers Only)
Call (866) 678-7636
Transfer a newborn to one of our NICUs in Madison, WI.
- Level 3 NICU: UnityPoint Health - Meriter
- Level 4 NICU: UW Health's American Family Children's Hospital
- Consult with UW Health neonatologist, maternal-fetal medicine specialist or pediatric cardiologist (i.e., to arrange a fetal echocardiogram)
- Coordinate transfer of an expectant mother for prenatal or delivery care at UnityPoint Health - Meriter