Allergy & Immunology
Allergists/Immunologists are highly trained physicians who can diagnose, treat and manage allergic diseases. This includes the ability to perform and interpret diagnostic allergy testing and prescribe allergy shots.
Allergists/Immunologists are also qualified to manage immune system and inflammatory disorders such as asthma, eczema, immune deficiencies and some autoimmune diseases. Recently, studies have shown that asthma patients under the care of an allergist are less likely end up in an emergency room or hospital due to their condition.
Specialists most often treat the following conditions in children and adults:
- Allergies (seasonal, food, drug and stinging insect)
- Hay fever
- Immune deficiency (recurrent infections)
Treatment and Services
- Asthma education and management
- Environmental control
- Immunotherapy (often referred to as allergy shots)
- Drug skin testing and test dosing
- Patch testing
- Skin testing
- Spirometry (pulmonary function testing)
- Venom testing
- Food allergy evaluation and food challenges
- Evaluation of immunodeficiencies or recurrent infections
Our Care Team
Katherine Gonzaga M.D. provides personal, coordinated care for patients of any age and is happy to see entire families. Dr. Gonzaga is committed to being one staple of your health care team, always keeping your primary doctor up-to-date with your condition and treatments.